1. PROVISION OF DRIVING LESSONS
- Drive-MK will provide the Client with the Driving Lessons, in consideration for the agreed price.
- The time, date and pick-up point (if applicable) for each Driving Lesson will be agreed in advance between the Client and Drive-MK.
- All Driving Lessons will be in the School Vehicle.
- All Driving Lessons will be given by Mike Ward who is an Aprroved Driving Instructor approved by the DVSA and a Grade A Driving Instructor
2. THE SCHOOL VEHICLE
- The School Vehicle will be fitted with dual controls and will be well maintained, and Insured accordingly for giving Driving Lessons
3. THE CLIENT’S OBLIGATIONS FOR DRIVING LESSONS
- The Client must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced to the Instructor on or in advance of the first Driving Lesson. In addition, an Instructor may carry out additional checks periodically to ensure the driving licence remains current and valid. If no driving licence is provided, the Instructor will not allow any practical driving lessons
- The Client must be able to read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 meters (with glasses or lenses if normally worn) in good daylight.
- The Client must ensure that they are in a fit state to drive safely, and at no time during Driving Lessons are they under the influence of alcohol or any other substance legal or illegal or otherwise suffering a condition that may affect their ability to drive.
- If at any time the Instructor, in his absolute discretion, considers that the Client is not in a fit state to drive safely, then the Instructor may refuse to proceed with the Driving Lesson or stop the Driving Lesson. No refund for that Driving Lesson will be due or payable unless at the discretion of the Instructor Mike Ward
4. CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT OF DRIVING LESSON
- The Client or the Instructor Mike Ward may cancel or postpone a Driving Lesson upon providing at least 24 hours’ notice. Provided enough notice is given in accordance with this Agreement then the Client will be entitled to a refund of any price paid or rescheduling of the Driving Lesson.Failure of the Client to give such notice may result in the Client being charged the full price for the Driving Lesson.If the instructor Mike Ward cancels a Driving Lesson without giving 24 hours’ notice or otherwise than in accordance with this Agreement and these Terms and Conditions, then provided it is not as a result of circumstances outside of the control of the instructor Mike Ward, Drive-MK may be liable to the Client for the price of the cancelled Driving Lesson. Circumstances outside of the instructors control include but not limited to, in his absolute discretion he considers the weather or road conditions to be unsuitable or dangerous, the Instructor Mike Ward feels unwell to the extent he feels unsafe to give the Driving Lesson or a mechanical fault with the School Vehicle. Then the instructor Mike Ward will endeavour to provide the Client with as much notice as practicable. An alternative time and date for the Training will be suggested, and Drive-MK will have no further liability
- If a Block Booking or Beginners Offer of Driving Lessons has been agreed, and the client has been given a discounted rate for each Driving Lesson in consideration for agreeing to pay for a minimum of 10 hours of Driving Lessons then the Client shall pay for the agreed number of Driving Lessons in advance of the commencement of the Driving Lessons. If the Client cancels Driving Lessons before the 10 hours of Driving Lessons has been completed then, the Client will be charged at the discount rate as detailed in this Agreement which has been applied to each Driving Lesson completed, and in addition the Instructor Mike Ward may charge the Client an additional £5 administration charge for each 1 hr of Driving Lessons not completed in the Agreement. Such amounts will be deducted from the price paid in advance and the remainder (if any) shall be repaid to the Client. Drive-MK shall be entitled to treat the Client as cancelling Driving Lessons if the Client: (a) postpones more than two Driving Lessons sequentially without written prior consent; (b) Is unable to continue lesson due to needing to change day and times of lessons and the Instructor Mike Ward can not meet this request due to prior commitments, or (c) if the Client is, in the Instructor’s opinion was unfit to drive safely on more than one occasion, including but not exclusive to, not following the Instructors instructions, deliberately putting themselves and other road users at danger, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The Client accepts that Driving Lessons may occasionally need to be postponed to allow another Client to use the School Vehicle for their driving test. The Instructor Mike Ward will endeavour to provide the Client with as much notice as practicable. An alternative time and date for the Driving Lessons will be suggested, and Drive-MK will have no further liability.
- PUNCTUALITY In their own interests clients are advised to be punctual for their lesson appointments. The instructor would normally wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before the lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if the instructor is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by the instructor either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date. Any such shortfall will be recorded.
- The Instructor Mike Ward may cancel all future lesson with the client at his discretion after informing client and agreeing too refund any unused prepaid lessons. The Instructor Mike Ward or Drive-MK will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or incidental loss of whatever kind and however so caused by cancelling future lessons.
5. BOOKING A DRIVING TEST
1.The instructor Mike Ward will inform the Client when, in his opinion, the Client is ready to take their driving test. The Instructor Mike Ward will then book the practical driving test and arrange for the School Vehicle to be available for the driving test. If the driving test is not booked in accordance with this clause then the School Vehicle will not be provided for the Client’s driving test .
- If the Instructor Mike Ward and the Client have agreed in writing that the Client will book his/her own driving test, then the Client must not book test on dates specified by the instructor, doing so may result in the School Vehicle being unavailable for the practical driving test.
- Drive-MK will endeavour to provide the Client with the use of the School Vehicle for the practical driving test. Use of the School Vehicle for the practical driving test will be charged at the agreed price for Driving Test. Occasionally, the School Vehicle will not be available for a practical driving test for reasons outside of the control of Drive-MK, for which Drive-MK will have no liability. In such circumstances Drive-MK will endeavour, where practicable, to provide the Client with at least three working days notice of the unavailability of the School Vehicle. The School Vehicle will not be supplied for a practical driving test if it is already booked for another practical driving test at the same time that the Client notifies the Instructor of the Client’s practical driving test.
- Drive-MK will have no liability for failing to provide the Client with the School Vehicle for the practical driving test if the Instructor Mike Ward believes the Client is not to test standard or in his opinion believes the Client is actually or potentially dangerous in their driving .