Pupil guidance – resuming lessons
Please inform me if you or anyone in your household works for the NHS, Care Home or Food processing factory.
Before the lesson:
Before every lesson I will text you to check if:
- You have any symptoms of coronavirus such as a cough or a high temperature – find out more here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms-and-what-to-do
- You know, or have been in contact with, anyone that is showing symptoms
- You, or anyone they have been in contact with, have travelled from a high risk region
It is important that you answer these questions honestly as you do not want to put me or any of my other pupils at risk. This will also avoid the lesson being cancelled halfway through if I decide you are not well enough, which may have financial implications to you. A simple yes to any of the above questions or no reply via text will cover all answers, no need to reply to each question individually
In the text I will also request that you wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, in line with government guidance, immediately before leaving the house or place of work.
In the text will also advise you that:
- There will be no handshakes
- I will be keeping the windows open at all times and to wear appropriate clothing
- The car will be sanitised before you get in
- To wear long sleeves and trousers and not to wear open-toed shoes
You will need to avoid using cash where possible as this can spread the virus. Use other methods of payment such as a bank transfer. Please ask for my details if you dont have them. I will only leave to collect you for the lesson once Im happy with your responses.
Once I arrives at the pick up point I will again assess whether you are well enough to start the lesson.
I will not let you get into the car straight away
From a distance (min 2m) I will have a conversation with you to assess whether you seem yourself or have a cough that they did not notice before, I will take take your temperture with an infared thermometer.
I will ask you to place any outerwear such as your jacket/jumper/bag inside a plastic bag in the boot to help reduce the risk of infection. No keys or mobile phone can be left in glove boxes or car doors and must be kept on your person or in a plastic bag.
Again if Im not 100% happy with your state of health or demeanourI will not start the lesson and explain that the lesson will have to be postponed until you have recovered.
During the lesson:
The lesson content and structure will remain the same as before. I will make sure the lesson has client-centered aims and objectives and is appropriate for you. You may find we go back to areas that you have covered before, it has have been a considerable amount of time since your last lesson so I will need to reassess where you are.
I will also advise you that:
- Any writing should be done by me – don’t share a pen or device where possible. If you do, they will clean withanti-bac wipes straight afterwards
- Training resources should be held up and not passed between the two of us
- We should try to avoid directly facing each other when discussing scenarios
- If Im are going to provide a demonstration drive, I will need to wipe down the controls before and after. If you are wearing gloves, then change the gloves just before and after the demo drive
- The windows will be open to some degree for ventilation, even in wet weather. In hot temperatures, the airconditioning may not be used.
- I will teach pupils about recirculated air, and why using this function is particularly risky at present.
- Discussions during the lesson may be held outside of the car, which is a little different to what you have been used to.
Personal Protective Equipment
The C-19 virus can be spread through contact points and air-borne droplets and so personal protective equipment may be advised.
Gloves – these can be used providing they do not impede the safety and handling of the vehicle. I wil lnot be supplying disposable gloves, but you may wish to supply your own.
Face coverings/masks – there is a little concern over wearing face coverings because it can hamper communication and, for those wearing eyesight correction, it can steam them up and impede vision. Plastic shields must not be worn due to injury that could be caused if an airbag was to detonate. For these reasons the Dept for Health have advised to look ahead when in conversation and not look at each other. I will start by wearing a face mask and ask that you do the same, you are requested to bring your own or I will have some available at £1 each. I will review the use of face masks later in month.
After the lesson:
Once the session is finished dispose of any gloves safely and wash your hands thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds. It may be advisable for you to change all of your clothes on return to home and wash them to help protect your household.
Your Practical Driving Test
I will explain to you the processes that will be in place post lockdown, but it is likely that there will be some changes as to how the driving test will be conducted. It is very likely that I may not be allowed to accompany you on the test and may also not be allowed near the vehicle at the time of the debrief at the end of the test. A strict hand washing regime is likely to be in place at all test centres. The contents of the test in terms of manoeuvres etc has not changed.So, your instructor will be in touch as soon as all the necessary restrictions are lifted.
To reduce the risk of contamination from customer to customer from the car, I will be giving the car a deep cleen every week.
The first clean will be using:
Stayzon™ Surface & Air canister is the only product on the market that forms an invisible barrier on all the surface of the interior of your vehicle and its air-conditioning system, immediately sanitising and eliminating harmful Viruses and Bacteria present.
The product will sanitise the vehicle’s interior and protect it for up to 12 months
Cleaning between customers I will be using:
SafeClean Disinfectant Surface Sanitiser Spray, Safeclean has been specially formulated to kill/inhibit both bacteria and viruses (including enveloped viruses) for up to five hours on a variety of surfaces such as handles,steering wheels, gear sticks, and other areas of frequent contact, with a single coating. It is used by some examiners.
I will have alcohol based sanatizer and have ordered non alcohol sanitizer, you may bring your own, but I will ask to see you sanatize your hand before the start of the lesson.
Car seat covers have been fitted that are cleanable between lessons.
Hope this all puts you to ease a little, any question please text me on 07907712004